This coming election is not about politics it is about the morals that our society will have. Folks, we are treading on dangerous ground and very close to falling under Divine wrath! The last several years that has been a creeping paradigm shift from moral absolutes to a relativism that was practiced in biblical times. The past few years though it has been more open and less oblique than in the past. Unless this changes we as a nation and a society are doomed. The first sign that a society or nation is about to fall in that of moral decline. We have people in leadership roles in this country that are calling wrong, right, and calling right wrong. The Bible even mentions the downfall of those who do what is right in their own eyes. We need to return to the values of absolute morals and absolute truth. Absolute morals means whatever is right is right for everyone in every situation, every time. Absolute truth means what is true is true in all circumstances all, the time, for everyone. And where do these morals and truth come from? They come directly from God. And He makes it clear what is right and what is wrong. Where can these moral values and truths be found? The only place is in His word the Holy Bible. The foundation of our laws and judicial system come directly from the Bible. Our laws are all based on the Ten Commandents. Yes, American laws were also based on English Common Law and those laws are based on the ten Commandements. Even our judicial system is based on what is found in scripture! As well as how our government is set up, examples of the basis can be found in scripture. A reading of the books of Dueteronomy and Levitics will reveal many similarities to our legal system. Moses picked certai men to be judges to hear disputes. Sound familar? A study on the Sanhedrin that caused so much trouble for Jesus and later Paul will reveal a political system much like our Congresss, that is comprised of the Senate and the House of Representives. Only is was the Pharisees and the Saducees. Was Jesus engaged in politics? Absolutely! Not the Roman governments political affairs but the political affairs of the Jews. The Romans allowed the Jews to run their own political affairs to a great extent. And to govern themselves to a certian extent. And that is where Jesus was involved in politics. One must bear in mind that in Jesus day your religion to a great extent determined your politics. More on that at a laater time. My point is that we must change this course of offering babies on the altar of Molech. I am talking about abortion.
The primary reason abortion is wrong is because God said we are not to murder. But not all people believe what God says, so let’s look at it from a different angle.
We are allowed to take life under the prescribed requirements of law, such as self defense, war, execution, etc. Each of these areas deals with Law. Self defense is justified because an antagonist is breaking the law (burglary, robbery, assault, etc.), and we can use force to protect ourselves and our property. War is the legal declaration of hostilities towards another nation. Execution is the legal taking of life against someone who has committed a crime, or crimes, worthy of execution. In each case, the antagonists are dealt with for the wrongs they have committed.
However, the baby in the womb has done no wrong, yet it is executed. It is executed but has broken no law! What crime has been committed? What law have they broken in their existence? None. Yet they are killed.
I am reminded of Nazi Germany. The Jews were guilty of being Jews, and were, according to the Nazis, worthy of death. Likewise, the babies in the womb are guilty of being babies in the womb, and are, according to the parents, worthy of death. What laws did they break? What made them unworthy of life? The answer is simple: it depends on the opinion of those in power, of those wielding the knife and redefining what is life, and of those deciding who is worthy of life and who should die.
It is only in abortion that someone is executed but has not violated the law. This is fundamentally wrong, and this is why abortion is wrong.
Since when do we kill someone who’s broken no law?
Since when do we kill someone who’s only “crime” was being brought into existence via the copulation of his or her parents?
1. Vote Biblically.
2. Vote for morality over economics (morals over money).
3. Remember being just fiscally conservative is self-defeating. The moral issues will soon become unsolvable fiscal issues.. Vote for the former only as a last resort.
5. Vote for long term results over short term results.
6. Make sure the person you vote for, knows the difference between God given unalienable rights and Goods are things that are the product of someone’s work.
7. When voting for a proposition, ask yourself: Is this proposition allocating goods as rights? If so vote “No.”even if you really wish you could have those “goods.”
8. Do not vote for the public to pay for things like a ball park.
9. Vote for lower taxes
10. Do not vote for bonds. They are just an expensive way to borrow money.
11. Don’t blindly believe the stories the media tells about people.
12. Do not vote to give any powers to a “good” person or administration that you would not want a “Bad” person to have. They“ll use that power that you gave good men, for evil.
13. Vote for Christians or Jews who have a record that coincides with the moral heart of God not the greatly propounding government charity (that is other people’s money) your money for good works but refuses to use his
14.Do they have a Christian/Godly Worldview? How do they view the world? How do they live their lives? Do they speak the words but not live the life? Do they really believe? It will be obvious in their lives.
15. Look to see if they fail any of the litmus tests i.e. are they:
a. Pro-abortion or pro-choice
b. Pro-homosexuality or heterosexual immorality in any of its guises
d. Pro-income redistribution
e. Pro handouts vs. Tough Love
f. Multi-cultural to the point of hating America: While they should respect other cultures, do they believe in preserving the American culture and its Judeo-Christian traditions or are they at the core anti-American and anti-Jew or anti-Christian?
h. Anti-History: Do they try to rewrite the history of this nation’s foundation?
i. Have they cheated on their wives and have not genuinely repented?
16. Do not vote for any person who will vote his own conscience, or who cannot articulate the difference between a democracy and a republic and why a democracy is so dangerous.
17. Do not vote for anything that allows people to indulge their sin nature without consequences– be it laziness, sexual immorality, or whatever. True love will be strong and stern and move people out of dependency on the Government and handouts.
18. Remember that biblically, the purpose of government is not to redistribute wealth but to protect citizens from evil people and provide justice.
19. Do not vote or support any politician who has ever added “earmarks” into a proposed budget, even if they helped your state financially. That politician has stolen from other people to pay you. This is not just.
20. Make sure they believe that it’s the church’s place and the voluntary giving of kind individuals to provide goods to those who are unable to get those for themselves, not the governments’.
21. Make sure they love the Constitution of the United States, and will protect it and observe it. Do not vote for anyone who does not understand how the Constitution is to be interpreted or why it is “living” through amendments not through unelected judges.
22. Make sure they are proud to be an American and love this country. Don’t vote for anyone who wants to equalize or diminish America in any way.
23. Make sure they are for smaller government and for reducing the size of government and giving more power to the states and individuals.
24. Make sure they are not past members of any sort of socialist party. Unless they’ve publicly recanted all their stances, explained why they changed their mind and you see evidence that they have written and legislated in a different way since then.
25. Make sure you know whom their friends are and what their friends believe. Remember the old proverb? A man is known by the company he keeps.
26. And finally and most importantly, do they understand what the primary moral code of our republic is? Do they believe it is the Judeo-Christian moral code as documented in the Bible? Do they know what Natural Law is?
As I was shopping the other day for some cleaning and personal hygiene items I noticed that on the shelves were Halloween, Christmas and Valentine Day products, all at the same time! What the hurry??? For one, I am not, nor have ever been that much into Halloween. Though I did purchase some candy corn. The drought must have caused the price on the candy corn to skyrocket too! I have never been that much into the Valentine thing either. Sadly at this point I have no Valentine anyway. Now Christmas I can get into! One might think that September is too early to start celebrating Christmas, but obviously the retailers don’t think so! So, now remember this is the retailers idea that we start discussing Christmas in September! First of all lets look at the word itself- Christ means the anointed one or Messiah. That would be Jesus. Mas is a shortened form of Mass , Latin for celebration, so we have a good definition now- celebration of Christ. While there is no command in scripture to celebrate the birth of the Messiah, there is nothing prohibiting it either. But we are commanded by Jesus, Himself to celebrate His death. The early church met on the first day of the week to celebrate the Resurrection, which is Sunday. The day that Jesus conquered the grave. The first day of the week. That leads one to conclude that we celebrate Christ every time we gather for worship or partake in the Lord’s Supper. The Catholic Church even calls its worship services Mass, remember that word Mass means celebration. So, worship is cclelebration, and do we not worship when we pray, read our Bibles, or listen to Christian music, or play Christian music? By Christian music, I mean hymns, gospel, praise choruses, ect,. So we actually celebrate Christ or Christ Mass every day! So, no, not even January is too early to celebrate Christ Mass!
WOW!! We are living in the end times! The two guys that wrote the Left Behind series also released a book shortly after that that is titled Are We Living in the End Times? That was what? Almost 10 years ago now? I have been re reading not the series but the book Are We Living in the End Times. These guys were dead on for the most part and what they missed they did not miss by much! Does the sobering realization that we are living in the last days bring you hope or despair? The truth is that we have been in the last days since the resurrection. But we are now in the end times. The return of Christ is close at hand! Let me say this though, no one knows the day or the hour. It is foolish to try to set dates. But we can recognize the signs and know that he season is here by the clues that the Prophets and Jesus left us in God‘s Word. For words of comfort go to the gospel of John and read what is called The Farewell Discourse. This is somewhat covered here:
Mark 11: 12-26
2 Cor 5
1 Sam 14
Mark 11: 27-33
2 Cor 6
1 Sam 15,16
Mark 12: 1-12
2 Cor 7
1 Sam 17,18
2 Cor 8
1 Sam 19,20
2 Cor 9
1 sam 21-23